Friday, October 22, 2004

blech

I am so confused. When my teacher partner comes to me and says, "In Japan, we teach Enlgih by grammar, not by situations. So, I hope you won't be offended, but here are some grammar books for you to go over." and then hands me a stack of books that weighs more than my daughter, I can't help but wonder that maybe I'm not doing something right.

This is where I get confused. What am I not doing right? He raved abut my first lesson - said it was "genius". My last lesson I went over with him three times - I even took away a grammar section when he suggested I should do something cultural. Why say "I hope you're not offended" if you're not making some sort of insult or complaint?

I am so confused.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I'd be confused too. Maybe you should have thanked him and asked for his advice on where to start?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home