Saturday, January 01, 2005

Tip-toe Tip-toe

Sitting here at the kitchen table late at night, I have a straight view of both my bedroom door and Kiomye's bedroom door. Kiomye's door cracks ever so slightly. There she is in t-shirt and bare legs, clutching a blanket and favorite elephant pillow. I've turned off the lights long ago; she doesn't notice me at the table. She looks left then right and then trots over to my bedroom door, blanket trailing behind. My door closes. There is a minute of silence, then my door opens again and she comes running to me at the computer. I'm about to admonish her and tell her to go back to bed (for the fotieth time tonight), but I stop when I see she's standing on tip-toes to give me a kiss.

"I'm really sorry, Mommy." She hugs me tight.

"Why are you sorry, sweetie?"

"I'm just so sorry." mumble. mumble. pout. pout."You come sleep with me now. OK?"

I promise her I'll turn of the computer in two minutes and she runs back off to my bed, where I know Matt is also waiting for me. Sweet Kiomye. To bad for Matt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home