Friday, April 01, 2005

Forgive my reprise

Walt Whitman wrote of that road less traveled by, “Not I -- not anyone else, can travel that road for you. You must travel it yourself.”

Many things have happened sine my last post. When was my last post? I don’t even remember. At first, I simply was very busy and didn’t have time to post. Then, when I finally had time, I was overwhelmed by the amount of catch up I wanted to do. Then, I got busy again. Then… the road of my life took one of those bends I didn’t see coming.

I roamed the streets of Kyoto and Tokyo. I wrote a hundred pages in my novel. I learned to love sumo. And, I asked my husband for a separation.

Matt fills out the paper work on his new bachelor pad tomorrow. He will stay in Japan, he won’t go back to America. For now. He will come every weekend to play with Kiomye. I have little anger, a great deal of sadness, and a sparkling hope for what will come. Our love is absurdly deep. Strip away all the accoutrements of our relationship, the familiar comfort, the kisses, the promise of forever – I find I still love him. His imprint on my soul is very deep.

Yet still… I do not ask him to stay.

As this blog is public and I do not desire to put down my (still technically) husband in a public forum, I will exclude the reasons why I have asked for this separation from this post. Dear friends can email me privately.

Strangely, I have joy. If you are traveling the wrong road, it is always best to turn around and head back to the beginning, no mater how far you’ve gone.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Diana said...

welcome back, sister spirit! You betcher ass I'll be emailing you. I love you sooooo much.

Forever yours,
D

p.s. if we were statues before...

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelsye...
I know I wouldn't consider myself a dear friend, exactly, but I think I'm qualified to send you a virtual hug and a Carolyn-style prayer that the universe will treat you gently...
Mostly unrelated... I've been thinking about you a lot lately, because I put the "Author Author" anthology in the bathroom for tubtime reading, and yours are pretty much the only stories I really like... You don't need to spread that news around, but it's true... :?)
I wish you well.

Love and peace,
~Carolyn*

www.angelfire.com/psy/erleichda

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelsye, hon, I'm so sorry. You know how recently I went through this with Jeff. You're doing the right things - taking care of yourself, staying busy, remembering to breathe. You will be ok, it just hurts like hell for now. I tried to send you an email earlier - maybe you'll get it. If you need anything, let me know.

-Amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home