Sunday, July 25, 2004

Makin' Bank Peddling Crapola

Ok, not all of it's crap. Since we're moving out of the country, we're selling our good stuff along with our bad stuff. Of course, buyers do not seem to discriminate between the two (see post about earlier garage sale). Today we've netted about $750. That's freak-fracking-fantablulous. Our last garage sale barely made $300. Of course, we paid dearly for our efforts. It was a scorching 97 degrees in Olympia today, a slight cool-down from yesterday's temperature of 99. This is not normal Washington weather. I even have sunburn lines on my feet from the tops of my flip-flops. Dad and Cyndi came down to help. Cyndi took Kiomye off for some this-is-so-great-I-don't-remember-all-my-toys-are-being-sold-off fun while Dad and I hid in small shivers of shade and tried not to be rude or cranky to the customers that braved the heat.

Most interesting thing sold today: A box full of practically depleted spray paint cans and WD-40 that I meant to throw away a week ago. price: $2.50

Funniest thing overheard at garage sale: Everyone I know is getting pregnant. Suze said just by simply sitting on the left side of the church I'll be next. 

Most popular item at sale: Artist's book of photo of naked men and women leaping, stretching, reclining. To be used for figure drawing. Picked up and flipped through by 90% of the men and 50% of the women. price: Marked at $2, but no one bought it. When my friends came over later, I just gave it to one of the guys, who was delighted to have something new and exciting to show the guys back at his psych ward. (not kidding)

I'm going to have another sale tomorrow to get rid of the final cra... quality items that didn't make the "ship to Japan" piles. The forecast is for a cool 81 degrees. Please God, make that a reality. 

to Christy - everyone wants that leather chair. Dad already had dibs on it. Almost all my furniture is gone. I'll let you know if anything survives.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home