Friday, December 17, 2004

My big date

Abby (wonderful, fabulous, saintly Abby) watched Kiomye last night so that Matt and I could go out on a date. Glorious! Our second night out alone since we’ve moved to Japan. We fancied ourselves up and headed out to Kobe. Matt was so fiendishly handsome in his swank black suit that I had to wear my leather jacket and boots so that he wouldn’t outshine me by too much. We played around in Kobe for a bit, wandering around and pretending to be tourists. We didn’t get to stay long as the last trains run around midnight and we didn’t get out there until ten, but it was still a good time. We had a drink together at a hip little place near our house. It was wonderful to sit across from him and have the discussions that are so difficult in our day-to-day. We both have friends. We get out, but rarely with each other. One of my favorite things to do is sit across a table from a dear friend and talk for hours. That someone rarely gets to be my husband. I am so grateful when it is.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I'm still looking for a Pak engrish Christmas card to send you. Our neighborhood shopping plaza doesn't have C-mas cards, I quess cause there aren't enough foreigners in this part of town. I want to get out to the foreigner sectors to find one, but the girls have three friends in town from the States and our TINY car won't hold all of us, so I'm stuck at home while they entertain them till Tuesday. Oh, well, I'm trying to replace my gingerbread collection that they inhaled and bake my other christmas goodies. We're having a ladies soiree-scrabble game this Wednesday. You come too. Here are your chips f-k-i-e-b-d.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Scribbler said...

The best I can do is "biked." :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home