Sunday, December 05, 2004

One term down!

It’s been a week since I’ve last posted. A week! How fast it went…

Friday was my last day of teaching classes. No more until January. Yea! I have to give the final test on Monday, but I simply show up for that. Of course, the holiday vacation doesn’t actually start for two more weeks. What happens at school for two weeks without classes I have no idea. All I know is that I don’t have to prepare anything and we get to leave early almost every day. Those light weeks are followed by almost three weeks of vacation. Yea! Yea! Yea!

We finally found a good daycare for Kiomye that doesn’t cost a bazillion dollars. Well, actually it does, but it’s an “international” pre-school and they are in desperate need of an “international” kid, so they gave Kiomye a very generous scholarship. It is such a big relief to know we’ve found somewhere good to send her. She and Matt visited last week and she loved it so much that she cried when they left. That’s much better than crying when she gets there. We’re planning on sending her four days a week, even on Thursday, the weekday I get off. This means that Matt and I will finally have a block of time each week to spend together. This is hugely wonderful. We’ve had one evening alone since we moved to Japan and that was because it was our anniversary. We desperately need more time together.

It’s early on Sunday morning as I type this. Kiomye is still sleeping. Matt just left. He got a weekend gig hosting English seminars at the university. Huge storm clouds are gathering outside my window, but the wind is still. I’m going to try to make this a “No TV” day for Kio and I, but we’ll see how long we hold out if we’re cooped up inside all day. I think we’ll try to make our cardboard Christmas tree this afternoon…

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Congrats on the massive time off. Those biiiiig breaks are soooo needed by teachers to save their sanity. Enjoy. Oh, yeah, a cardboard tree? Don't you have space for a little table top green bottle brush job? Do you get to fly home during break?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home