Monday, September 05, 2005

Boxers and spurs


Today was my last day of freedom before the start of the school term. I had seven hours all to myself before I needed to pick up Kiomye from school. I thought of contacting friends or getting my errands done – but then said screw it. I won’t be alone again for three months. I claimed this day for me.

I rode the trains to Osaka and hopped the mido-suji subway to the Namba area. I wandered around for a while, soaking in the filth and bustle that is Osaka, and worked my way back towards the Shinshaibashi area. I was searching out Café Blanco, but instead stumbled upon the über-swank Planet3rd Café. I has my cappuccino and fried egg breakfast (truly oishii) and doodled for a good hour. I contemplated opening up my laptop but decided to mosey on over to Café Absinthe to make my office for the afternoon.

I love Café Absinthe. All those artist type and that cool green glow. One Hemmingway please (absinthe and champagne, a sugar cube burned over the glass). Mmm. Humus and more cappuccino. The crowd is friendly and interesting. This boxer was “parked” outside, where he whimpered and shot his owner puppy eyes until he finally untied him and took him home. Every single Japanese businessman that walked by the café would utter “kowai” and step off the sidewalk to leave a good ten feet between them and the dog. Very amusing. The cutie-girls in their high heels, short ripped denim skirts and bleached hair would all stop and pat the dog’s head. He’d lick his chocks and turn his pitiful look to them. Sweet.

The owner of the cafe was wearing a t-shirt with a spur graphic that I found very interesting. I had to steal the idea. The words are my own. I would love to edit them, but such is the permanence of ink. Here's my photoshopped enhancement.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Your doodles are the best!! I'm thinking that if I ever make another album, this time with the intention to sell...you should do the artwork. The simple graphics are exactly what I'd be looking for. Maybe you could doctor up some photos of me like you did before with the 'rockstar' posters. Kelsye-so-talented.

I love you, sweetpie.
SSD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home