Monday, November 21, 2005

Slammed

My teaching partner (and boss) took an unexpected extended leave. My classes have double in size and frequency. AND I just received word that he will be out for the duration of the quarter. Ugh.

(Although I am tired, I am happy for the demonstration of trust in my teaching ability and the opportunity to help out.)

I don’t have the time to write this entry. I need to prep for the 180 energetic students I must face in classes tomorrow and also write a speech to be given to the entire school in the morning chapel. Ugh.

I have not disappeared. I’m just slammed.

Small perks have brightened me considerably lately: tiny bits of scribbled truth in my mailbox, a Sunday brunch at the florist’s with Kiomye, a fabulous mix CD from Jenny, my new canaan house comrade and a fantastic flickering friendship.

Thanks for the congrats on the publication. I shiver with joy when I read those little notes.

Hey – when Amy Goodman calls a democrat “hawkish”, what does that mean?

Folks back home – I heard about the shooting at Tacoma Mall. Ouch. It hurts when it hits at home. I hope no one was there.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Scribbler said...

War Hawk is a term originally used to describe a member of the House of Representatives of the Twelfth Congress of the United States who advocated going to war against Britain in the War of 1812. The term has since evolved into an informal Americanism used to describe a political stance of preparedness for aggression, by diplomatic and ultimately military means, against others to improve the standing of their own government, country, or organization. The term is an allusion to the hawk (a bird of prey), and is usually contrasted with the term dovish, alluding to the more peaceful dove.

Thanks Wikipedia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home