Friday, June 25, 2004

Another lovely hike with another lovely friend

Yesterday I took Angie up to Lena Lake. I love the Lena lake hike. It's difficult enough to make your legs slightly sore at the end of the day, but not so difficult that you can't make it to the potra potty at the bottom of the mountain. The hike also has high rewards: a gorgeous sparkling lake and giant boulders to lounge on. It's the prefect "season opener" for hikers. This is the kind of hike that reminds us all why we love hiking so much.

Angie is great for conversation (that is - when I'm not blabbing nonstop). We got to talk writing, family and (gasp) the fourth dimension. Angie was in my Author! Author! program this last year. She is the only student at Evergreen that really kicked my ass in a class. She argues otherwise, but she is just being nice. She's an amazing writer and someone whose name I will be looking for on the book shevles in a few years. She writes a great deal of things that, after I hear them, I think "Damn! I wish I'd thought of that." Of course, that makes me also not like her very much. But, dammit, I also happen to like her. I'm reminded of that episode of the Simpson's where a new girl comes to school and beats Lisa at everything, and Lisa really wants to hate her but can't because the new girl is so nice and the most interesting person Lisa has to talk to. Yeah, it's like that. I'm Lisa.

Funny Kio moment: I walked down the hill to Kiomye's daycare to pick her up this afternoon, then we rode the bus back. Kio loves riding the bus. She screams with delight each time the bus rumbles or bounces. The other riders on the #41 kept sullen and quiet. Kiomye disrupted the peace. She kept shouting,"Squeeze me, cars! Squeeze me." or "MOVE cars, MOVE!" whenever we stopped at a light or an intersection. I was almost dying of daughter, but the other riders were not impressed with her adorable assumed position of influence. She also took advantage of the view (riding in the car she can't see much but the backs our our seats) to comment on the mountain on the skyline. She apparently associates mountains with snow and begin to demand that we go play in the snow. That's when the situation deteriorated. It's June. There's no snow on that mountain, baby. It's too hot. Tantrum on the #41. "Snow! Want Snow!" Tantrums aren't very charming.

Another funny Kio fact: She has taken to calling my friend Christy "Squishy". Ha ha!
"Call Squishy, mommy? Where Squishy go? Squishy go poopy? I love Squishy." Don't we all, don't we all...

1 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, give Kio a huge hug and wet slobbery kiss from her Squishy!
-Kyllo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home