Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Punk dentist wins this round

I have the strangest dentist. For one, he’s only a couple years older than me. I am used to my medical caregivers being aging old men with grey hair and long nose hairs. My dentist has neither of these things. In fact, he looks handsome in a slacker kind of way. This in itself could be unsettling, except for the fact that he also acts like a punk slacker. He says things like, Whatever, and don’t let these teeth go to Hell. Ummm, Okay.

So, today, I had some cavities filled. I didn’t expect much from the experience, but it went even worse than I had prepared myself for. The dental assistant buried a three inch needle in my gums, forgetting to numb me up with topical anesthesia first. Opps, sorry. The magic potion injected into my tender pink flesh didn’t take. This fact was not realized until the dentist came at me with the drill and my nerves exploded. Tell me if any of this bothers you, punk dentist said before he dropped the drill in my mouth, his thumb stretching out my lower lip, my tongue shoved back in my mouth by wads of cotton. ALL of it bothered me, dumbass! So, then the drill hit my nerves and I convulsed in the chair and the dentist decided to shoot me up with something little more powerful. Bring it on, baby, bring it on.

Eight hours later, I can finally feel my tongue again and my lips don’t feel like bananas anymore. I get to go in again next week to get the final work done. Lucky me. So much to look forward to.

KIDS AT HOME: Rember to brush and floss daily! One good bruishing before your trip to the dentist is not going to cover up years of neglect. Avoid the punk dentist at all costs!

3 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dentists are the devil. Teeth should have been created as the only stainless steel parts of our body. Of course, a stainless steel skull might be rad. How did the ancients live without dentists? It must have been the lack of corn syrup and yellow dye number 5. Kels, one of my two front teeth is slightly darker than the other and someone said it could be DYING. A tooth can DIE?!?!? That's so sad. I need dental insurance and don't have it. Thanks for reminding me of the body maintenance I constantly neglect. The wounds of a friend can be trusted, Proverbs ?;?

love you

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Diana said...

that was me above, I don't know why it said anon.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger The Green Cedar said...

Okay, I'm late with this comment...Find another damn dentist! I can even recommend one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home