Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The Paradox of Motherhood

I took a bath with Kiomye last night. It’s the best way for us to have quiet bonding time. She scooped mounds of bubbles into her palms, cupped her hands in mine and together we blew the bubbles into each other’s faces. She squinted her eyes and giggled. I listened to her two-year-old babble (half baby talk/ half brilliant discourse) and wondered how such a magical creature could have ever been placed in my life. I felt incredible peace and satisfaction with the world. Minutes later, Matt picked her out of the tub, wrapped her in a towel and carried her into our bedroom. I heard her call out for me to follow, but I tipped the door shut with my fingertips and sunk lower into the water, please please just five minutes alone.

Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home