Sunday, June 13, 2004

Required Vocabulary

Some of my careful readers found amusing little errors in my book, so I had to go back and re-edit the whole damn thing. In order to get a clean bill of health from my laptop’s spell check, I found that I had to add an incredible number of new words to my computer dictionary. Below are some of the words readers are required to know to comprehend my book that Microsoft may not understand:

Kelsye Brynne Nelson
Piss
Shit
Firma (as in terra)
Fart
NASCAR
Disney
Ritz (as in crackers)
Velveeta
Sea-Tac
Dunno
Partnered
Nadda
Writerly
RVs
Girly
Barbie
I-5
Honda
Wonderstruck
Pissed
Bookshop
Anais
Nin
Chrissake
Hemingway
Manet
Stepmom
Farts
Pisses
Asshole
Lego
Fuck
Bookmarked
Cannes
Sega (as in game system)
Dammit
Kinda
Snotty
Gonna
Wanna
Harrumphed
Kiomye
Wenatchee
Hondas
Mazda
Crap
Biggie
Google
Vibe

Some of the words I am not surprised were missing from the dictionary. Others I had expected. Vibe? Piss? Snotty? Even FART!?!

Anyway, the book has been updated. I made corrections and added a story. Those that have already bought my book, just consider it a limited edition.

Happy note: Of the 137 books listed in CafePress's literature/fiction section - my book is 19th in popularity. Cool! I've always wanted to know what being popular was like. Thank you again and again family and friends. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home