Sunday, September 11, 2005

Still on a visual kick


I laid the lines for this at Planet3rd Cafe in America-mura. The more I look at it, the more I like it. This is what it feels like to be a gaijn is a busy Japanese city. Over stimulous is everywhere. I am the only focal of peace and calm, yet I am also empty and alone. The yellow umbrella (besides adding nice contrast) makes me think of how ridulous all this is.

Yet ANOTHER cafe graphic inked at cafe Absinthe (I just can't stay away!). I look at these two latest and think I'm getting the hang of this again. It's amazing how many creative energies are restored after sweeping your life clean of bothersome boys.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger The Talbot Family said...

Kelsye,
Thanks so much for your comments on the H&F Project. You articulated the pros of the piece perfectly.

I LOVE the umbrella piece. Your sketch work is really good. You have an artistic advantage to your design that far out ways my own. Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home