Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Everything break right.... NOW!

Golden Week. I don't have to work, but everything is closed. Plus, last weekend my tv broke, followed quickly by my washing machine. Fantastic.

I'm lucky. The washing machine repairman is here right now, on his hands and knees with the innards of my washer spread around him. Kiomye is on her hands and knees too, intently watching everything he does. The university told me I would have to wait until next week, but I threw a fit. I have a toddler. We go through a LOT of clothes. We'd be naked if we couldn't wash clothes for over a week. Thankfully, they finally found someone willing to come out on a holiday. He's been here for a while. He's still in the taking things apart phase. I don't want to turn around and check on his progress anymore. It's not looking good for my washer.

When I told the university that my tv was broken, they sent out a commitee of three to check it. I had to leave work early to be home to let them in. The three "experts" stood in front of my tv. One bent down and pushed the button a couple times. Nothing. One checked the plug. Yep, still in the wall. They spoke in low, serious Japanese for about five minutes, then left without saying anything to me.

My boss called me the next day to tell me that the university was going to buy me a new tv (Yea!), but that the paperwork and approval would take at least a week. Oh, great. So, now I have a weeklong holiday when everything is closed and my tv is not working.

AND, I just got the new Godfather game for PS2. I can't wait to play this game! I am a HUGE fan of the Godfather movies. Ever since I was a teenager, I dreamed about being part of that world. I was going to marry Vincent Gambino (the Gambino's were the top family in New York 10 years ago, I knew there had to be a "Vincent"), we would have a wonderful love, then he would die young and I would take over the mafia. Well, that didn't work out for me. But, the reviews say that playing this game is just like living in the Godfather movies. Sweet!

WHY oh WHY did my tv have to break now?!?!

Oh, yes, and I STILL wish Toru would come visit me! I know my tv is broken, but I PROMISE we will find something fun to do.

The repairman just told me my washer is fixed. Horray! I asked him how old the machine is. (This is the second time it has broken.) 14 years old he said. Sheesh. That's even one year older than my broken tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home