Monday, May 01, 2006

Spring Renewal

The other day Kiomye and I were invited to a bar-b-que at Kio's teachers' new condo. The picture above is Kiomye playing with her puppy toy on the rooftop. Yoshiko's condo was so incredibly cute. It was creative and colorful and simple and open. I was inspired. When Kio and I came home in the evening, I started cleaning and organizing my crap.

Around midnight, I stopped cleaning and pulled out the big blue canvas I stopped working on months ago. I played Esthero, danced around and put the final strokes of paint on the canvas.

I spent the first half of Sunday continuing with my cleaning. Then I rewarded myself by going to Muji and buying new storage boxes for Kiomye's art supplies, a big glass frame from my large-format artwork that my friend had printed for me in Bangkok and a sweet pink lounging chair for Kio.

My place looks so much better. There are still pockets of mess and clutter, but the overall asthetic is much improved.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Brettanicus said...

I'm going through the same Spring inspiration right now too. I just renewed my lease for another year and think that it is finally time I change the white walls and white carpet. I'm thinking area rugs and bright bright walls, maybe grass green, and robbin's egg blue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home