Sunday, April 23, 2006

Movie Day

I took Kiomye into Osaka today. We saw the early showing of Ice Age 2, dubbed into Japanese. We sorta new what was happening. Sorta.

I know I should be shocked anymore, but it still freaks me out how much it costs to see a movie in Japan. For Kio and I today, it was 2800 yen - that about $25 just for tickets. AND, I lied and said Kio was still just 3 to get the kid discount. Two people for a Sunday matinee back home would be about $10. Then there's the cost of munchies. Ugh.

After the movie, Kiomye and I wandered about in the Gare underground shoping complex. Kiomye started to get tired, so we stopped at a cafe and I stuffed her full of strawberry cake and chocolate donuts. The sugar was just enough to keep her going until we got the train to come home. Then she totally wiped out.

We just woke up from our naps. I always plan to stay awake and be productive when Kio is sleeping, but the allure of an afternoon sleep is too much for me to resist. I'm not yet finished planning my class for tomorrow, but I'm still in a "going out" mood. I think Kio and I will head to the Nishi-kita Moss burger for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home