Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Malady of Time

I talked to Christy on the phone this morning for about two hours. It feels so good to have chosen family. I miss her. I'm so impressed with her strength of late; the difficult past that she is facing, the future she is creating, the new love she has for herself. I'm inspired. This picture is from Christy's bachelorette party in Seattle last summer. (Karaoke, yea!)

This afternoon, the sweet neighbor girl came to spend the afternoon playing with Kiomye. The girls were fine for about an hour, spilling water on the table, drawing with markers on my carpet and dragging all of Kio's toys out to dump in a big pile in the living room. Then Angie said to me, "My body feels cold." She went and laid down in Kio's bed and fell promptly asleep. I let her sleep for about half an hour, then she started to moan and whimper. I went in to check on her and she felt so hot. I took her temperature and it was 39.2 (102.5f). Yikes! Poor little girl. I felt strange giving another woman's child medicine, but she was crying and so miserable, so I gave her some kid's non-aspirin and we spent the rest of the afternoon cuddled on the couch with blankets sipping water. (We couldn't even watch movies, as my damn tv is broken.)

Some play date.

Now, I'm bored. Kio and I went out to dinner. I had a long bath this evening, re-reading my favorite Kundera book. My house is clean. I have many other projects to work on, but no mental focus. I feel like getting drunk or having sex, but those options aren't available to me tonight. Sigh. Free time can really be a bitch when I'm not used to dealing with it.

I want to go to Tokyo, but I have no one to leave Kiomye with.
Double sigh.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My body feels broken but my spirit is high - I've had the chance to speak to my two closest friends in the last 2 days (Jenny this afternoon), and I'm feeling the love and glad you are feeling it. Knowing how you feel I'm strong makes me feel stronger - you know I've always considered you to be the strong one. Actually, my body is a bit high right now - I found some prescription drugs from my last trip to the ER. The pain is still there but at least I'm floating and my husband is getting me some ice cream and I'm about to watch America's Next Top Model. Life's not all bad. :)

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I really was high on Oxycodone when I wrote this, sorry about that! You are, of course, part of my family - I love you so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home