Wednesday, June 09, 2004

A cranky pessimist and a two-year-old went to a party...

So I drug myself to my writing programs end of the year party. I didn’t want to go because I was feeling all slothy and unsociable. Plus, I had to bring my sweet babe, which made it so I couldn’t fully participate in the festivities. I asked everyone there who had just graduated if they had post-graduation depression. Every one of them said yes. And not just, “Uh, yeah, ha ha”, but “Yes! Totally.” Some even went on with such things as:

“What am I going to do with my life?”
“I feel so lost.”
“I can’t believe my financial aid ended so soon. Now I have to get a freakin’ job.

Poignant. Yes. Very.

Beyond the vacant stares of hopelessness, there were some bright spots at the party. The python bit someone. My teacher Bill sang a couple folk songs. Kiomye couldn’t manage to undo the lock when I was using the bathroom next to the living room. I decided I might even keep some of the empty promises I made about hooking up with classmates in the summer.

What a cranky pessimist am I. Here is your degree, here is your kick in the pants. Thank you sir, may I have another?

1 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger Diana said...

College was your oyster. Now that you are a pearl, go find yourself a bitchin piece of costume jewelry to hang out with. Japanese style.

Baby, you had plans to conquer the world when you were stuck to your mom's uterin lining.

i love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home