Sunday, March 19, 2006

Local celebs

Kiomye and I took a taxi home from Nishi-Kita this morning. it was cold and rainy and I had grocery bags to carry. I didn't feel like walking up the hill. We take a taxi every couple of weeks or so, and many different taxis work the area. But today, we got into a random cab and the driver got all excited. He said Kiomye's name and the name of our neighborhood before I could give any directions. He took the fast, but complicated back way to our apartment. I didn't have to say migi or hidari (right or left) even once.

Very funny. I can't believe he remembered us.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Have you looked in the mirror lately? Have you looked at your daughter lately? Two stunning creatures get into a boring Japanese cab and you wonder why you are memorable.

you so silly

don't get a big head, though. it wouldn't go well with your petite bod. too hello kittyish

p.s. thanks for the guitar strap and the picks and chocolates and the clay button and the beautiful postcard! The strap is SO perfect and I can't wait to play live with it. Muchos gracias, sensei.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home