Thursday, March 23, 2006

Salvation through sumo

I am going to the sumo tournament in Osaka today. I am CRAZY excited! I love sumo so much more than is logically explainable. I'm taking my camera. I'll post the pictures later.

My sleep was full of nightmares last night. That makes the third night in a row. This is very unusual for me. Last night, I dreamt that I was driving my mother's beloved truck and camper too fast. I swiped a car, which ended up being a policeman. I was pulled over and we got out to inspect the damage. There was a huge scrape along the side, white paint scratched back to show shiny shredded silver metal. One of the only times I've ever seen my cowgirl mother cry was when her truck got a small scratch on the side of the tailgate. I was horrified at the damage I'd caused and how there was no way I could cover it up. I began to shake.

But then, the policeman and I circled around to the other side of the truck. This side was ripped to shreds, even worse that the side I'd just scraped along the policeman's car. My mouth dropped open in shock.

The policeman stood back and said in a stern voice, "You've been reckless more than just this one time. Here is the proof."

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Kelli B said...

Wow, so I just stumbled upon your blog - not even sure how, but it is INSPIRING!

I LOVE Japan, even more so Japanese people. If you are interested, I'd love to hear more about what you do there, how you came to live in Japan, and your roots. My dream is that my husband and I can one day live in Japan, and that I could reunite with my college roomate Nagisa.

Feel free to contact me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home