Wednesday, June 14, 2006

For Ame and Guilia

Plod. Plod. Zoom. Zoom. Days pass in such ordinary, lonely ways that it becomes easy to get wraped up (trapped) in my own private reality. Then two women I've never met tell me they see me and I feel connected to world once again.

I love the women in my life. They may be few in number, but they are all phenomenal. My older sister sent me some fabulous care packages this week. In one, she sent me a "guady Chinese dog ornament" in honor of The Year of the Dog. She wrote a note about how dogs are "loyal, caring and brave by nature" and that this one in particular would watch over my heart for the rest of the year. She also sent me some trashy American magazines, which I read in my hammock, alternating with a Nabakov novel and a heavy non-fiction about Japanese Yakuza. The combination of reading materials balance itself out for perfect enjoyment, stimulation and fun.

My step-mother also sent me an e-card today, just to let me know she was thinking about me.

The women are rallying. Maybe I will make it through this month after all.

(Ame - Did you know that your name means "rain" in Japanese?)

4 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had been told my name did mean "rain" a good friend of mine is Japanese and is trying to teach me small phrases! HA that might not work! The funny thing is that my most favorite thing in the world is the rain.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a stack of cds that I burned for you a few weeks ago that hasn't made it to the post office yet... should I send it or wait until you get back? Are you going to India? Love you!!!

~Christy

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Scribbler said...

No, I don't get to go to India. Only six kids signed up, so they don't need a third chaperone. Dammit! Oh well, at least it means I get to spend more time visiting back home.

NEW CDS! Send them! Send them! I am such a music addict. I want them yesterday!

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, all right. I wasn't sure if they'd make it in time, but I'm sure they will since it's still over a month. Plus, you'll probably be overwhelmed with American music when you arrive, so I should get my picks in first. :) Oh, and big bummer - I'll be around the week you get here, but that first weekend we'll be in California for a surprise party for Jason's mom (if we can afford it after Hawaii). But that will give you a chance to visit the people you HAVE to see, as opposed to the people you REALLY REALLY WANT to see. :) (That's me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home