Sunday, June 04, 2006

Charmed mornings and peaceful afternoons

Kiomye and I went up to the Takarazuka Botanical Garden today. On the ride back, she was getting a little bored and restless, so I turned on my ipod and stuck one of the buds in her ear. She became totally absorbed in the music. It was so funny. I was able to take my camera out and snap this picture at arm's length without her noticing at all. We were listening to the "O Brother, Where art Thou" soundtrack, with has the folk songs I sing to her at night.

The gardens are so lovely. We took a billion pictures. I even showed Kiomye how to use the camera, and she snapped her favorite flowers. They day was warm, but there was a light breeze keeping us cool. We had lunch in the greenhouse cafe, sandwiches, cakes and caramel milk tea. So incredibly civilized.

It's almost ten at night and I still have to plan for tomorrow's classes. But, I have to work for the next six days. I won't be able to spend time with Kiomye all week. I decided to spend all day playing with her. I'll just drink some coffee and stay up late tonight.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Caramel milk tea and cakes? dude! yum!

I love the flower pictures you took (in your photo album). Such COLOR.

I'm missing your sharp wit and reflection. I'm missing your screaming baby daughter and both our confused faces. I miss phone conversations being abruptly cut off by a dead battery. I MISSING YOU, SENSEI!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home