Thursday, May 11, 2006

Boys calling, NOT FOR ME!

Kiomye got her first phone call from a boy today. Wow! Masaki, the son of one of the women I used to teach. I tried to put my head close to hers to hear what he was saying to her, but she told me I was stinky and to go away. I did catch that he was speaking Japanese. She aswered back in English. I have no idea if he understood her at all, but I could hear his tantrum in the background when his mom and I took over the call to arrange a lunch date for the four of us. He wasn't finished telling Kiomye what he needed to say. He was pretty pissed that he didn't have control of the phone anymore.

The secrets that pass between four-year-olds, a great mystery.

Oh yes, final note, I can't believe that Asashoryu is out of the rest of the May Basho due to injury. I wonder if he just freaking out because he lost a match so early. The dive his took was pretty spectator, but I think he pride was damaged much more than his arm.

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kio is coming of age!! Hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home