Sunday, May 07, 2006

Two wonderfully wasted days

My beautiful new TV was delivered yesterday. Hooray! It's big and a flat screen. Thank you KG University! My employers occasionally astound me with their generosity. I love my job so much that instead of preparing for this week's classes, I spent the rest of the weekend playing my new game on my new TV.

Oh yes, now I remember why I don't play video games. Mix my addictive personality with an engrossing, role-playing Mafia game and enough tortilla chips and mango salsa sustenance from costco to last a week and *poof*, the woman we once knew as Kelsye is gone gone gone.

My daughter is so forgiving. I was only going to play after she went to sleep. But, today I couldn't resist and picked up where I left off while she was coloring in her notebook. I thought she was too busy to watch. I knew I had to stop when I got in a sticky spot and suddenly I heard her sweet little voice call out "Shoot them with your big gun, Mommy! Your BIG gun!"

Uhem. No more violent games during Kio's waking hours. (Even if it means I have to leave the damn thing at the neighbors apartment during the day so I won't be tempted.)

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Brettanicus said...

I bought Silent Hill 3 about six months ago. I've been afraid to install it though because my personality would probably dive in and refuse to come out. Pizza boxes would litter the place. I could see me quitting my job or using up my vacation time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home