Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Support all the good causes

I support products with clever packaging the same way I support fair trade coffee and organic produce. I thank the designers and cool headed thinkers that made my every-day life a little more beautiful. Sure, there slick packaging might pump up the price to twice that of plane jane crappola, but it's a cost I'm willing to pay for the pretty.

Recently, while stubling more than half-drunkenly through the high end boutiques of the OPA department store in Osaka, I ran across Too Faced Cosmetics. I don't know who puts this stuff out, but I want to french kiss every person behind these fabulous things. Time to insert a picture, eh? This is the outside for a small face-kit of gloss essentials and shadows. The text on the back is even more brilliant. As I choose the "Sweet Tart" collection, the back gave me this description of character:

She was an expensive girl who lived in a luxiurious penthouse, drank imported champagne and dripped herself in diamonds. This Sweet Tarte flaunted her money, and why shouldn't she? She earned every penny; and they loved every minute! It didn't bother her if the other girls talked behind her back; they had ugly shoes and bad make-up. She was a true glamour girl and she knew how to get to the top!


That totally slayed me. There are other versions, complete with little fantasy character bios and matching color palette, the Heartbreaker, the Sex Kitten, The Man Eater and so on. Of course, I plunked down a hefty 5800 yen (about $55 US) for this set, but today I found out that there is much more available online for just $25. Sigh, the high cost of living somewhere fabulous. The website is rather kitschy and cute as well. Have a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home