Monday, July 03, 2006

Recent Media Favorites

New band: Feist. My fabulous friend Christy sent me a burned copy of this via post. I really love getting mail. Even more, I love hearing excellent new music. Maybe this isn't new, I don't really know, but it's new to me. Moody and gorgeous and flowy. She sent other good CDs, but this is the one I've been playing the most.

New Book: Yakuza: Japan's Criminal Underworld. So, it's taking me forever to read this book. The content is enthralling, but it's written with a heavy academic style that does match well with my late-night reading brain. One of the surprising side-effects of reading this book was to learn so much more about my own governement and how exactly we develop "alternative governing bodies" in countries we are trying to guide (or control).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home